Spaghetti With Crab Meat
This recipe is a perfect way to have the whole family enjoy seafood. Doctors recommend eating seafood several times per week, especially for growing children. Do your body a favor, pick up some crab meat today!
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic, stirring and cook until soft. Add the chili flakes, wine and reduce by half.
Add the fish or clam broth and reduce by half. Add all the other ingredients, season with sea salt and toss in the pasta. Serve immediately.
- 1 pound spaghetti, cooked according to package instructions for al dente pasta
- 8 ounces Blue Star Foods super lump crabmeat; drained well, patted dry & picked over for shells
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ounces dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon red crushed chili flakes
- 8 ounces fish or clam broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- ¼2 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped fine
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablspoons crème fraiche
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Spaghetti with Crabmeat
By James Beard Award Winning Chef, Michelle Bernstein